Puppy Preschool Course
This course is for puppies from 8 – 14 weeks of age. Puppies of this age bracket are at a critical period in their development and need to be exposed to new experiences in a positive manner. Our program aims to provide positive socialisation experiences in a safe and controlled environment.
- 5 week program – 1 hour per week
- Puppy free orientation lesson first week to set you and your puppy up for success in class.
- Option for Home visit prior to starting class to ensure you are on the right track (cost additional)
- Classes are held at Casino – Northern Rivers Veterinary Service.
- Small class sizes maximum 4 puppies per class
- Individualised attention for each and every attendee
- Puppy play is included – time permitting
- Cost includes – A free Clicker, Handouts, Unlimited phone/ email support, Invites to Intuitive Dog Training exclusive client events.
What should I bring to class?
- Your puppy on a flat collar and lead or body harness – Please no check chains, chain leads or retractable leads.
- Drinking water for yourself and water/bowl for your puppy.
- A comfortable bed or mat for your puppy to relax on
- Tasty treats – Cooked chicken, cheese, diced cooked steak, left over roast meats, diced prime 100 dog rolls, dried liver, chicken etc
- A treat pouch (If you do not have one we have some available for $20)
- Please wear closed in appropriate footware no thongs/clogs/hi heels etc.
What will my puppy learn?
Your puppy will learn the following behaviours during the course of our program –
- Respond to their name
- Give/take (swap toys, chews, treats etc)
- Sit when asked
- Drop on cue
- Stand (for examination or grooming)
- Follow hand movement – Useful to guide puppy onto scales, bed etc
- Beginnings of settle of Bed/mat
- Beginning of recall – Puppy Recalls
- Accept their collars being touched/held
- Accept gentle handling
- Socialisation exercises
We aim to keep our classes fun and informative for both puppies and their humans, during our course you will learn about-
- Positive reinforcement training and how dogs learn
- Handling and grooming
- Toilet training
- Bite inhibition
- Environmental Enrichment
- Understanding and managing normal puppy behaviour e.g. Jumping up, mouthing
- Interpreting Body Language
Ready to get Started? Book today
Call us – 0451160355