Senior Puppy Course
This course is for puppies from 14 weeks to 6 month of age. It is crucial that puppies of this age bracket continue their education and positive socialisation experiences so that they can develop into a well mannered family dog. Our program aims to provide positive training and socialisation experiences in a safe and controlled environment to enhance your puppies learning and overall behaviour. This course is suitable for puppies who have undertaken puppy preschool either with us or their vet/other location. Also most suitable for puppies who have missed out on puppy preschool!
- 5 week program – 1 hour per week
- Online orientation you can view in the comfort of your home
- Option for Home visit prior to starting class to ensure you are on the right track (cost additional)
- Classes are held in Lismore – Lismore Show grounds under cover, And in Casino indoors.
- Small class sizes maximum 6 puppies per class.
- Individualised attention for each and every attendee
- Puppy play is not included in senior puppy classes – The aim of this program is create puppies who are focused more on their humans then other dogs/environmental stimuli.
- Cost includes – A free Clicker, Handouts, Graduation Certificate, Weekly prizes, Unlimited phone/ email support, Invites to Intuitive Dog Training exclusive client events.
What should I bring to class?
- Your puppy on a flat collar and lead or body harness – Please no check chains, chain leads or retractable leads.
- Drinking water for yourself and water/bowl for your puppy.
- A comfortable bed or mat for your puppy to relax on
- Tasty treats – Cooked chicken, cheese, diced cooked steak, left over roast meats, diced prime 100 dog rolls, dried liver, chicken etc
- A treat pouch (If you do not have one we have some available for $20)
- Please wear closed in appropriate footware no thongs/clogs/hi heels etc.
What will my puppy learn?
Your puppy will learn the following behaviours during the course of our program –
- Respond to their name
- Watch/Look – Give Eye contact
- Give/take (swap toys, chews, treats etc)
- Greet people without jumping up
- Confidently accept the presence of other puppies, children and adults.
- Sit when asked
- Drop when asked
- Stand (for examination or grooming) with duration
- settle on Bed/mat for short duration
- Progression of Recall
- Loose leash Walking
- Accept their collars being touched/held
- Accept gentle handling
- Socialisation exercises
We aim to keep our classes fun and informative for both puppies and their humans, during our course you will learn about-
- Positive reinforcement training and how dogs learn
- Handling and grooming
- Toilet training (check how things are going – address any problems)
- Bite inhibition (Check how this is going – address any problems)
- Environmental Enrichment
- Appropriate play for older puppies/dogs
- Understanding and managing normal puppy behaviour
- Interpreting body language
Ready to get Started? Book today
Call us – 0451160355