Canine Life Skills Course
Our innovative and fun canine life skills course is built around real life skills, that you will find invaluable in everyday interactions with your dog
This course is for Adolescent and adult dogs over 6 months old that have all vaccination up to date. Adolescent dogs may be starting to push a few boundaries, forgetting basic cues, or simply just ignoring you! It is a perfect time to continue on from our puppy classes or if your dog has had no previous training this is the perfect place to start! Our program aims to provide positive training in fun and safe manner for both dogs and their owners.
- 6 week program – 1 hour per week
- First Week dog free – Human only Orientation
- Option for Home visit prior to starting class to ensure you are on the right track (cost additional)
- Location – Lismore Show grounds under cover protected from sun and inclement weather and outdoors weather permitting.
- Small class sizes maximum 6 dogs per class.
- Individualised attention for each and every attendee
- Cost includes – A free Clicker, Handouts, Graduation Certificate, Weekly prizes, Unlimited phone/ email support, Invites to Intuitive Dog Training exclusive client events.
What should I bring to class?
- Your dog on a flat collar and lead or body harness – Please no check chains, chain leads or retractable leads.
- Drinking water for yourself and water/bowl for your dog.
- A comfortable bed or mat for your dog to relax on
- Your dogs favourite toy
- Tasty treats – Cooked chicken, cheese, diced cooked steak, left over roast meats, diced prime 100 dog rolls, dried liver, chicken etc
- A treat pouch (If you do not have one we have some available for $25)
- Please wear closed in appropriate footware no thongs/clogs/hi heels etc.
What will my dog learn?
During the course of our program you and your dog will learn the following skills –
- Foundation skills for clicker training (letting your dog know he got it right!)
- Gaining the dog’s attention by using his name
- Asking for the dog’s attention with “look/watch”
- Sit in front & at side of you
- Basic hand target
- Go to Place/bed/mat
- Loose lead walking
- Sit for polite greeting
- Leave it
- Fun Tricks
We aim to keep our classes fun and informative for both dogs and their humans, during our course you will learn about-
- Positive reinforcement training and how dogs learn
- All about Clicker training and its use as an effective training tool
- Interpreting Body Language
- Environmental Enrichment
- Management strategies for problem behaviours e.g. jumping up, barking
- On-lead management around other dogs
Ready to get Started? Book today
Call us – 0451160355
“Well explained and demonstrated, fun and very educational.”
“Just finished Katie’s 6 week Canine Life Skills course and it was a fantastic experience for both myself and Lily. Katie really knows her stuff and the dogs just love her! It was gentle, well explained and demonstrated, fun and very educational. Thanks Katie, we will be seeing you again to continue our doggie education!”
– Annie & Lily